FreeFTP FTP Client: One among the FTP client that is supported on the WordPress site is the FreeFTP FTP Client. It was developed by the CoffeeCup Software and is considered to be the most intuitive cross-platform free FTP client. It acts as a bridge in file transferring between the client computer and FTP server. It is a simple software that sports the required features within it. With FreeFTP client you can upload or download any file with just a drag and drop option. The FTP client supports bi-directional file transfer, i.e., it can move files from and to the website. You can use multiple server profiles as FreeFTP FTP client has the support for unlimited accounts. It is easy and safe to maintain all your websites with CoffeeCup‘s FreeFTP client. You will be getting the ability to store the data and to create the backup file along with this FTP client.
Free FTP client provides a secure method of file transfer as it supports SSL, TLS, FTPS, HTTPS, or SFTP protocol upload or download files to and from the FTP servers.As it works with any server, it is easy to set up an account. Just type your username and password and click on the Connect option to begin. The Free FTP client will remember your server information and so connecting to your website again is never more complex.
The FreeFTP FTP client is wrapped in a very intuitive user-interface, and from where you can use the Explorer-based folder structure. The explorer based interface makes navigating through the directories on your computer at ease. It is, even more, easier to select the files that need to be uploaded. It is also possible to secure any file with the password-protection, and when needed, the same file can be accessed by providing the password. Thus, the FreeFTP client is providing you with security in protecting the sensitive data against the unauthorized access or copy.
Files or folders can be uploaded and downloaded from the server in no time, while the file transfers are being monitored in a separate panel. With FreeFTP FTP client, one can set bookmarks either locally, or remotely, or a combination of both. The user can even switch to FTP account or edit view-only option, or manage a list of multiple servers. The most popular WordPress FTP clients have a beginner-friendly interface and thus making it easier to work on the software. The interface of the FTP client has a dedicated panel that tracks the FTP activity. One can resume broken uploads and downloads and can also transfer any files in binary, ASCII, or auto-mode.
You may also like: FireFTP
Features of FreeFTP FTP Client
1. Choose from an array of different protocols that are supported by the FreeFTP FTP client like SSL, TLS, FTPS, HTTPS, or SFTP protocol.
2. FreeFTP FTP Client has dragging and dropping option with which you can upload or download any FTP file.
3. The FTP client works with all the major FTP servers, supports multiple site profiles, and anonymous log-in.
4. There is support for resumes broken file transfers and proxy servers with the FTP client.
6. With Bookmarks option, you can you save your place in a folder on your local computer, or on your server, or both.
7. You can create backup file quickly, and there is an ability to store data on the FTP client.
8. FreeFTP clients have the support for active and passive mode transfers of files and folders.
9. With Stay Connected feature, you can keep the connection active for a longer time. You can also specify the login timeout, port #, initial host folder, and an initial remote folder with this FTP client.
10. Set the file transfer mode to the ASCII or binary or Auto mode. You can also edit file permissions, make the app transfer files by double-clicking the remote, local ones, or both.
11. You can modify the proxy parameters and customize colors for syntax highlighting in the editor mode.
12. Get a complete summary of the status of your file uploaded or downloaded with the FTP Activity pane.
13. Free FTP offers a full-fledged local and remote file management. Add, move, and launch the files all from inside the program.
14. Need not remember where you have stored your files. FreeFTP remembers all the location where you have browsed with the Historically Accurate option.
Screenshots of FreeFTP FTP Client
Other FTP Clients:
- SmartFTP Client
- Direct FTP Client
- Transmit FTP Client
- FreeFTP FTP Client
- CuteFTP FTP Client
- Cyberduck FTP Client
- WinSCP FTP Client
- FireFTP FTP Client
- WS_FTP Professional FTP Client
Thank you for reading the post. Hope the content provided is useful to you. For any queries about FreeFTP FTP Client, please comment us below.